[TN-Bird] NTOS Field Trip Saturday 04 June 2011

  • From: Kevin Bowden <bnabirder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 11:26:07 -0500

 The Nashville chapter of TOS will sponsor a Field Trip to Long Hunter State
Park in Hermitage, Davidson County, on Saturday 04 June. We will bird the
paved 2-mile Couchville Lake Loop. This trail passes to and from lakeshore
and woodland and is home of the Jason Allen Arboretum , providing an
interesting mix of habitat for birds and other wildlife. Bird boxes and
lakeside observation platforms enhance the viewing possibilities. If time
permits, we may also bird a portion of the Bryant Grove Trail which follows
the shoreline of Percy Priest Lake, passing through cedar glades and woods.
We will meet at 7:00am at the Adventure Science Center, 800 Fort Negley
Blvd, in the lower parking lot and carpool from there. Those wishing to meet
at Long Hunter instead, should meet us no later than 7:30am at the
Couchville Lake parking area accessible from the Park's Main Entrance at
2910 Hobson Pike. This trip should last only the morning. Bring snacks and a
beverage.
Kevin Bowden
Linda Kelly
NTOS Field Trip Coordinators