[TN-Bird] Osprey nest atop Perryville Light and Daymark

  • From: Anna Varney <livingglassart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tnbird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 18:23:28 -0500

I paid a visit today to Beech Bend County Park outside of Perryville in
Decatur County and was pleasantly surprised to find an Osprey on her nest
atop the Perryville Light and Daymark on the Tennessee River.  I've posted a
couple of photos to my flickr photostream if anyone would like to see.  In
the years that I've been playing on this section of river I can't recall
seeing many Ospreys let alone finding a nest.  The river daymark is easily
seen from the river bank where the Beech River and Tennessee Rivers
converge.

Hopefully all the the holiday festivities this past weekend didn't disturb
her too much.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/livingglassart/5783917958/in/photostream
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/livingglassart/5783917958/in/photostream>
http://www.flickr.com/photos/livingglassart/5783362293/in/photostream/