[tn-bird] Re: DDT NOT BAD, ENVIRONMENTALISTS BAD

  • From: "Bill Darnell" <bdarnel3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:59:32 -0500

Aren't the only countries in the world with Malaria still using DDT?  This
is just a BS argument! Do we even have any cases of Malaria in the US?   DDT
is still the #1 pesticide in countries where Malaria is still rampant!

But, on the other hand, I don't put a lot of stock in Rachel Carson either.
Bill Darnell
Savannah, TN

> Forty years after the publication of Rachel Carson's Silent Spring there
are still those that claim the impacts of DDT to be benign, and the
devastating impacts this chemical had on bird populations to be "bogus".