[tn-bird] Re: DDT NOT BAD, ENVIRONMENTALISTS BAD

  • From: K Dean EDWARDS <kde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 09:23:18 -0400 (EDT)

Amber and I sometimes watch "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" on
ABC Family Channel.  "The 700 Club" comes on right after that
and one night a couple of weeks ago, Pat Robertson was saying
almost the same thing.  I say "almost" because he didn't
discount the effect upon birds, just basically said "so what?"
Don't kill the patient to cure the disease.

Then there's this plan the US Forest Service apparently has to
prevent forest fires by clearing out the forest.  My favorite
quote (from a Forest Service employee) went something like this
"There are two to three times as many trees now as there was
two hundred years ago."  The anchor (Tom Brokaw if my memory
serves) introduced the story by saying something very much like
"The Forest Service has apparently decided that Mother Nature
needs man's help to take care of herself."  And he said it
rather sarcastically.  Go Tom!

Dean Edwards
Knoxville, TN