[TIPSdiscussion] While working on the TIPSdiscussion List ---

  • From: John and Anne <tipsnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TIPSdiscussion <tipsdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 00:10:18 -0400

Hi all

BIG changes tonight on the TIPSdiscussion list you now can modify your
mail account right from the www.tipsnet.org homepage, no more redirect
hassles.

Also, I read our Welcome page welcoming new list members-- Hmm, maybe we
should take another look for ideas and ideals:

Now off to bed... John

WELCOME to the TIPSdiscussion Mail List

TIPSnet  --  THE TRAINING INFORMATION & PUBLIC SERVICE NET

AN INDEPENDENT AMATEUR RADIO GATHERING ---"FOSTERING INTERNATIONAL
FRIENDSHIP THROUGH AMATEUR RADIO"" (c)

Thank you for joining the TIPSdiscussion EMail list. The is a free forum
for discussion about the TIPSnet,Public Service (ARES,MARS,SATERNand the
like) and anything Ham Radio.

TIPSnet meets every Tuesday from 7pm - 8pm local time (EST) / 2300z on
several repeaters throughout New England, including our hub the SPARC
Repeater System, West Haven and Durham, CT. Multiple repeaters are
linked  Nationally  and Internationally via VoIP on the New England
Gateway – EchoLink Conference *NEW-ENG* (node # 9123) and IRLP Reflector
912, Channel 3 (node # 9123).  Live streaming audio is available on the
web at http://new-eng.com  **

**The stream is courtesy of the SPARC group.

This is an Open List - open to all interested parties.

Here are our Basic Rules --

1. No Flaming -- keep your off-list arguments OFF-lIST. Remember people
of all ages belong to the list.

2. Try to keep on-topic if you can -- we want new ideas of course but
please respect others.

Anyone not adhering to the RULES can be warned, suspended or banned from
the list at the moderators and administrators sole discretion.

We can't stress enough that we want this to turn into an international
discussion  on Amateur Radio, Public Service & equipment advancements.
But a note on content please keep it radio related  No image files are
allowed, and we'd rather not have the joke streams you see on many
lists. Cross posting from other lists will only be allowed  if the other
  group allows it please  copy and paste the message to a new message to
cut down on message size.

Again too all ----  PLEASE PLEASE Post - 1 post a  week would be great
from each one of you -- this is not as fancy as our other lists have
been that means once your up and running it will be much simpler to use.

NOTE- So you don't get bugged with many messages during a day -digest
them in your options --  tell us how often you want the messages. We can
even have an auto RSS feed sent to tell you  when the digest is
available ** sign up for it on the info page.

Thanks and again --- WELCOME !!!

POST often.....!!!!!

Anne K1STM Net Manager
John N1IWT Program Manager and Publicity Manager

Email direct::  tipsnet@xxxxxxxxxxx or n1iwt@xxxxxxxxxxx or
k1stm@xxxxxxxxxxx

WEB: www.tipsnet.org

TIPSdiscussion welcomes messages from members please POST at:
tipsdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Our Info Page and Web Portal (the easy way to get to your acct)
www.freelists.org/list/tipsdiscussion

Subscribe to the list send a blank email with SUBSCRIBE in the subject field:
tipsdiscussion-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unsubscribe by sending a blank email with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject to:
tipsdiscussion-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tell your friends about TIPSnet!!!