[TIPSdiscussion] HMMM

  • From: John and Anne <tipsnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TIPSdiscussion <tipsdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 02:35:53 -0400

Hi All,

Just a quick musing --

While minding my own business listening to a few podcasts tonight
preparing for Tuesday nights net, featuring Michael Kalter, W8CI PR
Manager for Hamvention, I included a recent RAIN Report (on the
insistance of fellow Ham Information Service guru, Hap Holly, KC9RP
founder of the RAIN Report). I got my information - then found a lot more.

Back on March 7th's RAIN Report, TIPSnet was mentioned by Rich Mosessen
W2VU while discussing his Feb '09 editorial 'Zero Bias' for CQ Magazine.
He discussed in the 15min interview about the new 'networks' VoIP and
the rest we know and how they link worldwide - if you already heard it
listen again -- its what we all do folks it validates what we do each
week and the thank you's that are accorded to the ones who make it
happen. Think about it..

Here is the LINK  ::

http://www.therainreport.com/rainreport_archive/rainreport-3-7-2009.mp3

Thanks Hap and Rich for all of your help.

Thanks to all the repeater, conference server, trustees, sysops and
everyone else who make not only TIPS, but the rest of all we do happen
much at no cost to anyone but themselves. It is a network of love.

73

Anne West K1STM TIPSnet NetManager
John West N1IWT TIPSnet Program & Publicity Manager
www.tipsnet.org
Email: tipsnet@xxxxxxxxxxx

Fostering International Friendship Through Amateur Radio ©

TIPSnet meets every Tuesday from 7pm - 8pm local time (EST) / 2300z on
several repeaters throughout New England, including our hub the SPARC
Repeater System, West haven and Durham, CT. Multiple repeaters are
linked  Nationally  and Internationally via VoIP on the New England
Gateway – EchoLink Conference *NEW-ENG* (node # 9123) and IRLP Reflector
912, Channel 3 (node # 9123).  Live streaming audio is available on the
web at http://new-eng.com
TIPSdiscussion welcomes messages from members please POST at:
tipsdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Our Info Page and Web Portal (the easy way to get to your acct)
www.freelists.org/list/tipsdiscussion

Subscribe to the list send a blank email with SUBSCRIBE in the subject field:
tipsdiscussion-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unsubscribe by sending a blank email with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject to:
tipsdiscussion-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tell your friends about TIPSnet!!!