[tinwhiskers] Re: Toyota

  • From: Bob Landman <rlandman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tinwhiskers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tinwhiskers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 10:25:04 -0400

Very rare - 102 fatalities so far? What they ought to do is to retrofit the brake override fix they propose to put in the 2010 model year vehicles.

They should have done that anyway.

Also, as Gilbert has shown they are not correctly using the redundancy of the dual Hall sensor correctly, fix the software so Gilbert's test does not cause sudden acceleration.

You can read the datasheet on the sensor at my RoHS website.

Bob Landman
H&L Instruments, LLC

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 30, 2010, at 1:23 PM, "Kane, Joseph E (US SSA)" <joseph.kane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:

Here's another interesting take:

http://www.tmworld.com/blog/Taking_the_Measure/31504-It_s_the_car_No_it_s_the_driver_Wait_it_doesn_t_matter_.php?nid=3351&rid=8301620

These incidents are still pretty rare, even
if you put all of the "possible cause" cases
in the "proven" column.  And putting the statistics in
perspective, one could make the argument that
Toyota could really make their cars a lot safer
in these recalls if they left the accelerators
alone and just disabled the cell phone prep ;-)

-Joe