[THIN] Re: surfing the net with Metaframe

  • From: "Jim Kenzig Kenzig.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:01:39 -0700 (PDT)

You can't have it both ways, either you allow them out to the internet or you
don't.
You can block certain sites or filter the sites you don't want them to go to.
You can prevent them from running IE period and teach them to copy and paste.
You can use content redirection if your version of Metaframe supports it and
make them open IE on the desktop so they browse from there but unless you have
a huge hosts file or block a ton of sites in your IE security or dns they will
have millions of sites at their disposal to browse to on the web.  I am not
aware of a way to do what you are asking unless I am misreading what you are
asking and you only want them to see internal links which can be done with the
hosts file, a routing table or ie security.

Richard <richardwbb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I have a customer that is using a Metaframe server. One of the published apps
is Outlook and when he receives a link, internet explorer will start it. I
don?t want the users to surf the internet with the Metaframe server, yet I
would like to keep it possible for them to use IE to open a link. Is there a
way to make this possible or do you have some tips on how to approach this
problem?

Regards,

Richard