[THIN] session kill

  • From: Jason CitrixADmin <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 13:22:58 -0400

I would like for users to be able to kill their own sessions.  Occasionally
our app will hang up, and when that happens the only way we have been able
to clear it is to reset the users session.   i am looking for a way to
allow the users teh ability to do this themselves without having to involve
support.

My current brain storm is have a "secondary" app launch with our main one.
 It will simply be a button they can click that will force a log off using
the shutdown /l /f command.
While I can implement that easily enough the trouble I am finding is that I
need a way to make sure that this secondary app closes on its own if they
exit the main app.
If built with a VBscript is there a way to get the secondary one to watch
for the termination of the main app and close itself or exit if the main
one closes?
I have very little scripting experience and am trying to come up with a
solution on my own time at the moment that I can present since I know my
suggestion will fall on mostly deaf ears if I ask for something to be
developed.