[THIN] Re: ps4 printing

  • From: Damon <damonedwards@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 10:14:52 -0400

We run PS3 on W2K3 servers, with published desktops, and print from a network
print server.  We have seen this issue on at least 3 occasions.  The only
solution was to run Cleanspl.exe to delete all print drivers on the server.
After that we manually added the supported drivers to the PS3 servers.  There
is no doubt that there was a driver conflict that caused the problem.  We have
run some tests and believe that during the installation of RightFax 8.5 client,
a print driver is loaded that causes the spooler to crash.  Once we run the
cleanspl utility the servers run fine, and RightFax functions correctly.  the
only difference is that there is no longer a print icon called "rightFax".