[THIN] Re: no, no, help me....you printing gunu's

  • From: Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:06:42 +0000

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:34:56 -0000, Lilley, Brian <brian.lilley@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> if I have 2003 terminal servers, and do not wish them to install v2 print
> drivers, how do I get the 2003 printer servers to print to printers attached
> to windows 2000 printer servers which have v2 drivers installed??

Just what ARE you up to today mr lilley? :)

I've had XP machines printing to NT print servers, which is kinda
along the lines you're getting at, I guess. When mapping the printers
to the XP machine, XP would come up saying no suitable driver found,
please choose, and giving me Windows' normal printer driver list.. Do
you not get this? If not, have you turned off the "dont install v2
drivers" policy?

> in fact, what exactly is the process, if one prints from a terminal server to
> a network print server, why doesn't the print server just pass on the print
> job??

I'd check you're not doing a PCL6-> PCL5 or PS (or whatever!)
conversion along the way. You could also check the print processor i
guess, as I wouldnt be surprised if 2003 supported a higher EMF
version than 2000 did - although RAW is the default, so it ought to
just work :/

Andrew