[THIN] Re: licensing

  • From: "Thomas, Jeremy" <Jeremy.Thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:15:32 +0200

Randy,

It's not the licensing server that you need to put in "user" mode, but th=
e terminal server itself.

At the moment, if you use "user" mode, you do not install user licenses o=
n your license server. There's no point - Microsoft have no mechanism tha=
t checks the number of users that connect like they have for issuing lice=
nse tokens to devices.

User's don't get a license - it's not enforced.

Brian and Ron have done some nice work on this. See:
http://www.brianmadden.com/subject.asp?ID=3D25

Regards,

Jeremy Thomas