From: Matt Preston [mailto:mcp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: dinsdag 27 april 2004 23:10
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] 2003 TS Licensing

Im doing an install and I am planning on using a 2003 file server as my T=
S license server. I have 5 other servers that will run Citrix on 2003.

I've installed the TS license server on the 2003 file server and have act=
ivated it. I've tried to install my per user TS CALs on this server but i=
t doesnt work, I'm assuming that I need to configure the license server m=
ode to "per user" becuase I am able to install "per device" cals with no =
problem.

My question is, how do i configure this license server to support "per us=
er" CALs? I dont have an option to configure the licensing mode as "per u=
ser" in Terminal Services Configuration becuase this is just a member ser=
ver running the TS license service, and it is not running terminal servic=
es. The only option I have in Terminal Services Configuration is "Remote =
Desktop for Administration". Do I have to install terminal services, or a=
m I just doing something wrong?

yourname@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.digiverse.net
This week's sponsor - Emergent Online
Emergent delivers end-to-end solutions for private and public sector clie=
nts. From centralized application management, business continuity, outsou=
rcing, to application development, security, and messaging solutions.
http://www.go-eol.com/index.asp
***
Disclaimer:=20
This electronic transmission and any files attached to it are strictly=20
confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you are not=20
the intended addressee, you must not disclose, copy or take any
action in reliance of this transmission. If you have received this=20
transmission in error, please notify the sender by return and delete
the transmission.  Although the sender endeavors to maintain a
computer virus free network, the sender does not warrant that this
transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages=20
resulting from any virus transmitted.=20
Thank You.
***
This week's sponsor - Emergent Online
From centralized application management, business continuity, outsourcing, to