[THIN] Re: dsmaint question

  • From: "Monahan, Thomas" <Thomas.Monahan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 16:53:08 +0100

That server can't talk to the datastore, so log into that server and try and
find out why.

Restart the IMA, and see what errors its giving you. Make sure you can
connect to the datastore from that machine. Maybe try and create a new dsn
to the datastore and see if it connects ok. If it fails, find out why,
network? recent patches to Mdac?

If the IMA won't restart then diagnose the reason for this. A good old
server reboot usually helps.

If the IMA starts then maybe try a network monitor while its starting to see
if you can notice something wrong.

Don't refresh the LHC, let the server work off it for the moment, at least
its working.

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only
for the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain
privileged and confidential information. If you have
received this message in error or there are any problems,
please notify the sender immediately and delete the message
from your computer. The unauthorised use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is forbidden. Neither
United Utilities PLC nor any of its subsidiaries will be
liable for direct, special, indirect or consequential
damage as a result of any virus being passed on, or arising
from alteration of the contents of this message by a third
party.

United Utilities PLC (England and Wales No.2366616)
registered office: Dawson House, Great Sankey,
Warrington, WA5 3LW.