[THIN] Re: Performance Metrics

Mike,

Personally I find that looking at the server's CPU utilization is a good
indicator of if the server is slow or if it's something else causing the
slowness like the user's network.

If you and others can access Citrix and the performance looks
fine...look at the user's location.  Usually it's something else pegging
their network, print jobs, people running Outlook on their desktop and
delivering all email to a PST on their hard drive, someone using
streaming media, someone saving\opening a file from their local C drive
into Citrix, etc...

From personal experience it's usually something they are doing to their
network that's causing their pain.  (If the server's CPU isn't running
high due to a hung app or extensive query)

Who are the users complaining?  everyone or all users at one remote
location?  If it is one remote location, can you monitor their network
utilization?

=20

  _____ =20

=20
Brian Claus, A+, Network+, MCP
Network Administrator
WESCO Distribution, Inc.
225 West Station Square Drive, Suite 700
Pittsburgh, PA 15219-1122
Phone:  412-454-2412
Fax:  412-454-2540
bclaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:bclaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>=20