[THIN] Re: Windows Explorer on citrix

  • From: "Mark CALLEJA" <Mark.CALLEJA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 21:48:10 +0800

Jon

We went down this path only after lots of testing and installing
Appsense.  We found it to easy to get around GPO security no matter how
tight we locked it down.

Good Luck
Mk

>>> rekcahpmip@xxxxxxxxx 29/08/2006 21:11 pm >>>
I'm thinking about publishing windows explorer on citrix via the
internet
explorer like this:
"M:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" -e k:

Can anyone think of any potential issues, or reasons why this would be
a bad
idea?

I tried to access the M: drive on the server through this app, and even
with
domain admin rights, it doesn't seem to allow you to do it, so I feel
somewhat safe in regards to that.... Not sure if I should feel safe, or
if
theres a way around it.

Thanks in advance,
Jon