[THIN] Re: Windows Explorer on citrix

  • From: "Jeff Pitsch" <jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:12:43 -0400

you must ALWAYS treat published applications as if you were publishing a
desktop.  Security by obscurity in TS is way to easy to get around.

Jeff Pitsch Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

Forums not enough?
Get support from the experts at your business
http://jeffpitschconsulting.com

On 8/29/06, Jon D <rekcahpmip@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm thinking about publishing windows explorer on citrix via the internet explorer like this: "M:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" -e k:

Can anyone think of any potential issues, or reasons why this would be a
bad idea?

I tried to access the M: drive on the server through this app, and even
with domain admin rights, it doesn't seem to allow you to do it, so I feel
somewhat safe in regards to that.... Not sure if I should feel safe, or if
theres a way around it.

Thanks in advance,
Jon

.