[THIN] Re: Windows 2000 Terminal server in NT Domain

  • From: Steve Snyder <steven_snyder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 16:08:25 -0800 (PST)

> > 2. Have you tried a different NIC, like a 3Com?
>
> We are using Intel and Broadcom NIC's.

Broadcoms are rebadged intels - I'd still try a 3Com
for kicks.

> > 5. Anti-virus? I had a client who had nearly this
> same
> > issue (it would clear up after about 20 minutes)
> and
> > it was the anti-virus (and a known issue as well).
> Try
> > running w/o it and check their website for info
> too.
>
> No Anti-Virus software installed.

Aye caramba!!!! I'd suggest that getting AV software
be your #1 priority!

> > And keep checking back with M$. Even though they
> > obviously have no clue now, if enough people have
> > reported the same issue they will eventually
> > evaluate it as a Windows bug and not just a
> > configuration issue.
>

> You wouldn't believe how many times I've called
> them.

Oh I know. A while back I had a weird browsing issue
that I made several calls about and they gave me the
usual nonsense - install WINS; uninstall WINS; use
LMHOSTS; don't use LMHOSTS; etc. I gave up talking to
them for a few months then tried again and lo and
behold they knew exactly what the problem was.

http://tax.yahoo.com