[THIN] Re: Windows 2000 Terminal server in NT Domain

  • From: "Ziots, Edward" <EZiots@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 15:56:46 -0500

Did you take a look at Portquery.exe to see if the RPC service on the
PDC/BDC becomes unresponsive or stops listening when this happens. I have
seen this on my Domain also, and it either goes way or I have to reboot the
system.

Also, do you hard set your port and speed to what is on the NIC, and have
the same set on the NIC? Do you employ NIC teaming, if so, are you load
balancing, or doing fail on fault? Also, what version of the NIC drivers on
the system are you using, I have found bad problems with the 5.41.17
drivers, with transmit underruns, and other stuff, that the 6.1.3.0 drivers
fix on Win2k. ( SPAQ 5.50 or higher will have the drivers, and have become
my standard.)

Also, when the system becomes unresponsive, or pops this error, what does
the following command tell you? nltest /Server:YouraffectedServername
/SC_QUERY:YourDomainName ?

Sincerely,
Ed