[THIN] Re: W2K3 SP1 and Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration

  • From: "Davey" <DB1001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:08:09 +0100

Title (Arial 20 Bold)<same as filename>Thanks for the replies from Carl and
Chad.

I've removed IEESC from control panel, add remove and found that indeed it was
still enabled in the shadow key - now set to 0.

It seems that the error is it's looking for :Zone.Identifier

(filemon output)
14:36:06    iexplore.exe:2412 QUERYINFORMATION
C:\DOCUME~1\user1\LOCALS~1\Temp\1\techtmp.htm:Zone.Identifier     NOT FOUND
Attributes: Error

I know that this feature (zone.identifier and ADS) came in with XP SP2 and W2K3
SP1 .. but I can see nothing in the filemon log regarding Zone.Identifier on a
client XP SP2 machine (local) then the Iframe appears correctly  - which is
what the techtmp.htm creates with an embedded PDF in it. If I remove the W2K3
SP1 then the filemon log appears very similar to the Win XP SP2 ... ie. no
mention of Zone.identifier

I've added the website to the local intranet zone but still no joy. Is there a
way to dumb-down even more the security on IE (an oxymoron if ever there was
one)to change IE to not use zone.identifier ?