[THIN] Re: Desktop sessions trying to connect to unpublished desktop

  • From: "Gascoyne, Jo" <jo.gascoyne@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:00:41 +0100

Bob - thanks for your reply.  I don't think that the issues were caused
by a name resolution issue, and as far as I am aware there was not an
issue with our data collector.

We are running Metaframe XP - FR3.

We are still having this issue occassionally, with different servers
each time.

The problem seems to be that for whatever reason, a server with a
published desktop fails and the IMA service may hang.  The server is the
unpublished from the CMC, but published desktop requests are still
getting load balanced to the server that has been unpublished.

A good start would be able to query the datastore - to see the state of
the server and maybe pinpoint why users are still trying to connect to
it - but I am not sure if this is possible.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks
Jo

  _____