[THIN] Re: W2K TS sudden restart

  • From: Jeremy Thomas <jeremy.thomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:28:22 +0200

I've seen this on Dell servers when using the onboard NICs when the NICs are
teamed.

This issue also affects HP servers, as they also use the same NIC chipset
from Broadcom on their motherboards.

So try updating the formware and drivers for the server.

Note, if you use HP Proliants, you're in luck, because the NIC /teaming
drivers are updated through Windows Update. Dell were a lot slower in
releasing a fix. I suspect other brands of servers could be affected as
well.

Symptoms:

*

        You have a server with dual onboard NICs with a Broadcom chipset
*

        You have teamed the NICs
*

        The server randomly reboots when subjected to a medium to heavy load

  _____