[THIN] Re: W2000 Terminal server vs Citrix

  • From: "Kevin Hopley" <khopley@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 17:03:04 +0100

Andy & Ron

As I thought

Thanks for quick response

Kev

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Cave [mailto:Andy.Cave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 27 June 2003 16:58
To: 'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [THIN] Re: W2000 Terminal server vs Citrix

In Win2k terminal services you cannot publish individual applications as
such. You can select whether to logon to launch a desktop or launch a
specific app when the user logs onto a Terminal Server. Obviously the
limitation is that if you choose to launch a specific app it can only be =
one
app whereas in Citrix you can have as many individual pub apps as you =
want.
Perhaps this software company is referring to the ability to launch a
specific app in TS rather than the ability to publish multiple =
applications.
I believe in TS 2003 there is the ability to pub apps, but I will stand
corrected cos I aint used it.