[THIN] Re: Tuning Windows 2003 x64 XenApp 5 ADM's

  • From: "Foster, Bill" <Bill.Foster@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 10:23:38 -0400

Hi Angela,

We are still at 4.0 however we are in the stages of planning to move to
5.0. I'm not positive about this but I don't believe there is a x64
XenApp 5  for 2003. I think you will need to go to 2008 for x64.

We have HP 460c G1 and G5  blades that are dual quad core running with
16gb of ram. We have been running these for almost a 1.5 years with
little issue.

We have them running Office and IE applications. We easily can get 200
sessions on each server with little performance drop(a 60/40 mix of
Normal and Power users). When load testing we find Disk I/O is the first
bottleneck we run into before memory or CPU becomes an issue.

Your experience will likely vary but this hardware config will serve you
well.

Bill