[THIN] Re: Thin clients for multiple customers on one physical server?

  • From: Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 08:21:56 +1200

This cold be done. I wouldn't call it easy but it's possible. There is also
some risk because if you don't set it up right, then yes, they will see the
other people's files and things. If you are not good/comfortable at setting
up GPO restrictions and managing profiles etc, then don't try this.

You are essentially setting yourself up as an ASP. I would make a domain
just for this purpose that is yours not theirs. Mail will be the tricky part
if you are using exchange. I don't think you need the entire citrix access
suite either. Presentation Server will give them a better experience and you
better control but plain terminal services would work. Almost all of the
challenge in this is going to be setting up the Windows domain and Active
Directory.

I would use load balancing and more than one server though. If you put them
all on one box and it goes down, you wil be pissing off both customers at
once.

Greg