[THIN] TS Licensing Question

  • From: "Tastet, Arthur" <ARTHUR.TASTET@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 11:16:41 -0500

Any help to understand the below would be appreciated.

I have just printed out a dump of the Terminal Server Licensing with
lsreport.  I thought when the TS licensing issued a token it put an
expiration date.  Does it ever put a date in the end column for the
per-device token?  All I every see is "No Expiration" in the report.  I see
some expiration dates for the temporary licenses.

I have been reading the MS Windows 2000 Terminal Services - Licensing
Technology White Paper, but it does not mention this.  Does anybody know
resource that explains it better?

Server  License ID      Keypack ID      Client  User    Start   End
Issue Type      License Type
MCHSLIC1        324     5       ABCD    username1       1/15/2004       No
Expiration      Active  Windows 2000 Server - Terminal Services CAL Token
(per-device)
MCHSLIC1        363     5       EFGH    username2       1/16/2004       No
Expiration      Active  Windows 2000 Server - Terminal Services CAL Token
(per-device)
MCHSLIC1        688     4       IJKL    username3       1/30/2004
4/29/2004       Temporary       Temporary Licenses for Windows 2000 Terminal
Services Client Access License

Thanks,
Arthur Tastet
MCHS