[THIN] Single DB on Oracle with 2 schemas and Datastores?

  • From: "cherie.watts" <cherie.watts@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:39:54 +1000

Hi Guys

We are looking at moving our IMA database onto an Oracle server. But our oracle
DBAs have made a recommendation that is making me nervous.

Recommends: The 2 Citrix Datastores be setup within one database with 2 user
accounts and 2 schemas, with permissions applied. One username to provide a UAT
DS and the other for a Production DS.

I do not know alot about Oracle so I can't comment technically if this is a
good idea.

But from the Citrix information I have read. You are not supposed to use
anything other than Citrix Tools to access the DS(ie CMC, command
utils..clicense etc).

The whole changing permissions on different areas on the Schema, my gut tells
me is a really bad idea as well. There's a big assumption that the DBA's will
know what access the IMA will need to have to the different areas within the
Schema. But this may fall under my heading of not knowing a lot about Oracle.

Can anyone please give me some technical feedback on this idea. Or areas I can
go research.

Do I have anything to be nervous about or is this OK being done at the ORacle
level?

Is anyone else doing this?

Thanks ahead for any responses.

Cheers