[THIN] Re: Error Updating ICA Client Via MSI Package

  • From: "cherie.watts" <cherie.watts@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:00:36 +1000

Hi Shane

I had this problem as well when installing the MSI package.

The installation goes through and extrapolates where the Client shortcuts and
application is installed.

The only way I know to work around this is to delete the citrix shortcut files
from the "Administrative Tools (Common)" folder.(They don't install there by
default anyway)

Other than checking the "All users" profile it will also check the user's
profile that the install is being done under. If there is an entry in the
"Shell folders" or "User Shell Folders" for h:\ this will also stop the
installation. You can either delete the key or change the contents.

If you are using SMS to deploy the MSI the installation will be done under the
SMS package installation account. You can verify this account throught the SMS
console site configuration.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Cherie Watts