[THIN] ICA client timeout after 3 minutes

  • From: Lennart Koschella <lk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 07:57:45 +0200

Hello!

If a user connects to our one of our Citrix servers, the logon screen disappears after exactly 3 minutes if the user doesn't log on during this time. If there is any mouse or keyboard activity in this window, this 3 minute period starts again. Is is possible to get rid of this timeout?

CTX696579 mentions a "hard-coded 120 second timeout for the logon dialog for non-console sessions" and CTX590320 even says "The logon screen is hard coded in the Microsoft Operating System to disappear after 30 seconds" which both doesn't seem to apply in our case, because it's exactly 180 seconds here. Any other hints? I haven't found anything at Microsoft or Novell.

Server: MFXP 1.0 FR3 on Windows 2000 SP3, Novell Client 4.90 SP1a
Clients: Windows NT/2000/XP, PN 6.30/7.00 (no difference)

With kind regards,

Lennart Koschella
System Adminstrator
University Hospital Tuebingen/Germany

Using the latest software, hardware, networking technologies, proven technical expertise, proprietary software and best practices, EOL provides custom-tailored solutions for each client?s mission and specific goals.
http://www.go-eol.com