[THIN] Re: Printing nightmares

  • From: "Brian Ehlert" <brian.ehlert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 11:23:21 -0700

On one of our farms, Running MetaFrame XP on Windows 2000 machines and I
have a user with HP laserJet 1100 printers.  In our WTSuprn.inf file I have
the LaserJet 1100 mapped to a LaserJet 4. However for this user the printers
never autocreate.  ..snip..

For the mappings to work, the names must match perfectly.  Does she
use the HP or the MS driver?  PCL 5 or 6, etc.
You need to double check the printer name on her end (the name the driver uses).

Finally, On another domain we have PS4 farm.   I have a user with Various HP
laserJet printers, mostly 4000 and 4200 printers whose printers map but when
she attempts to print, no print job comes out.

The HP 4000 series drivers can cause issues, especially the 4200 and
4250 drivers (the advanced feature set - duplexing, etc.).  Knocking
the local driver back to the Microsoft HP 4000 Series driver usually
fixes the problems, but reduces the feature set available to the user
as a result.

Are you seeing if her session tears down when she closes?  Or does she
disconnect and it just goes into disconnect and never closes?
Does she have a habit of starting print jobs in a rush and
disconnecting her session before it has spooled to the client?

Since you don't believe it is the server, what is the client environment like?
(not just the PC)