[THIN] Re: Printing nightmares

  • From: "Brian Ehlert" <brian.ehlert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 08:16:45 -0700

"N" just means that it has a factory installed JetDirect card.

Hmm...new printer...'clueless' user...

Which begs the next question...How is the user configured to print to
the printer?
Direct or mapped TCP/IP port?

Other than that, did they install the 'corporate' driver or the HP
printing subsystem?
(you want only the driver - I am sure you know that already  ;-)  )

On 3/21/07, Jason Patten <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The user has HP LaserJet 4650N printers, not 4250. I got that information
updated.   Are there known issues with the N printers?  Again we force all
printers on the PS4 farm to go use the Citrix Universal Driver so I cant
seem to figure out why nothing is printing.
Very frustrating since This user is virtually clueless to everything and I
have no actual access to the PC itself.