[THIN] Re: OT - Timesheets

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 07:45:41 -0500

I'm an exempt (salary) employee and we are not required to record time
currently.  Our hourly employees must submit a timesheet to their
manager to be signed and then go to HR.  This is done weekly.  One of
the payroll people analyzes each one for appropriate dates and to make
sure they indicate the correct columns for holiday, vacation, personal,
and sick and comments if that employee doesn't have that time available
to them. The same thing happened at my previous job.

Then, at my previous job, we got an eTime product.  We had actual time
clocks, and e-timeclocks (run on a webserver) where people were told to
clock in and out at the actual times they did.  Every pay period (2
weeks) a manager approved the electronic time card, and made adjustments
as necessary.  Once all the kinks in the system were worked out, HR
began taking the approved electronic timecard as gold and sent it right
over to be processed for payroll, they did not check them anymore.  The
same will eventually happen at my current job.  Oh yea, on the eTime
product, salaried employees had to start clocking their time, but it was
strictly for tracking purposes, not any form of payment.