[THIN] Re: OT Remote control PCs behind NAT firewall

  • From: "Robert K Coffman Jr - Info From Data Corporation" <bcoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:27:02 -0500

MessageI think this would still require port forwarding on the firewall??

Matt, if you can remotely administer your firewalls, you could open the port
up just long enough for you to connect, then shut it back down.  Or if you
are connecting from a single fixed IP address, open it only from that IP.

 > talking the users through the simplest tasks in some cases is very
painful.

No doubt!

- Bob Coffman