[THIN] Re: OT: DFS on W95

  • From: Christopher Wilson <christofire@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 11:49:56 -0500

Pavlo,

Not sure if I am reading your question correctly, but it sounds
similar to issues I've encountered mapping drives on Win9x and NT4
systems.  In W2K you have the capability to map through a share point
to a specific folder (\\servername\user$\userfolder).  With Win9x
clients you will only map as far as the share
point(\\servername\user$).

Haven't done much with DFS, but it sounds like maybe you are hanging
at a share point.  The solution I've used is to simply share each
users folder directly if connecting from Win9x.

HTH,

Christopher