[THIN] Re: Novell Integration (MetaDirectory)

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:20:36 -0500

Yeah in a lot of cases we are recommending that people continue to use
their Netware or AD environment as the dir. Then using that to populate
other directories..

That will work for smaller organizations depending on their apps (like
5000 or less users)

I mean the idea is really to keep it simple and these make things MORE
complex..

One a sidenote I have been using a software lately called SimpleSync...
Price is right and works like a champ. I do contacts between AD's (like
their mail enabled users become contacts in my AD etc) and use it to
pull from Novell and other LDAP stuff.

Ron

Ron Oglesby

Senior Technical Architect