[THIN] Re: New (additional) farm: MPS 3.0, or Metaframe XP?

  • From: "Steve Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 20:43:12 -0700

We have our first 3.0 client systems in production now and so far there have
been no "gotchas". One indication is to look at the released hotfixes and
get a sense of what problems early adopters have reported.

My subjective feeling about 3.0 is that it is far superior and represents a
significant maturing of Citrix technology, not a new platform release that
is buggy or un-tested. I feel this way about WIN2003 also, I think the
combination is very compelling and I would not suggest doing any new
installations with XP or 2000 server.

Regards,

Steve Greenberg
Thin Client Computing