[THIN] Re: Licfense server needed?

  • From: "Heather Axworthy" <heather@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 08:53:25 -0400

We use Terminal Services in our environment here.  We set up a licensing
server because we have a few 98's and NT clients connecting.  I think
when you decide to set up a terminal server in Application mode, it will
ask you to set up the licensing server at that point.  If you don't set
it up then, it will run for 90 days without a license server.  I don't
believe you have a choice.  The only way to not have to set one up is by
setting it up in Remote Admin mode, which allows 2 concurrent
connections.  The user has to have admin rights to connect.

The good thing is that if the client connecting to the terminal server
is a W2K client, no TS CAL is needed, just the plain old CAL.