[THIN] Re: Installing Office 2003 on Citrix

  • From: "Timothy Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 15:38:18 -0400

You are correct that a transform is not required to install Office 2003 on a
terminal server (basically the transform was a kludge that has been
incorporated into standard installer).

Generally, you can't install two versions of office.  I think that if you
search the archives here, and/or the Microsoft KB you will probably find
ways some complicated and ugly ways that it can pretty much work.  But since
you have never done it and you don't have a test server you will cause havoc
and I would recommend against it.  Can you just upgrade from office2k to
2003 across the board?

The best way to have two versions is to use Softricity - they solve this
problem.  But here you have cost, training, and equipment.  And if you don't
even have a test server today you aren't likely to go that route.  Still,
it's the best.

This may not be the answer you want to hear (certainly not the answer your
management wants to hear), but that's life.

Tim Mangan