[THIN] Re: HP ilo for Dell

  • From: Evan Mann <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 09:45:25 -0500

Been exclusively Dell shop for servers, workstions, and laptops.

Any future servers will be HP however.  HP's management tools in general are
vastly superior to DRAC and OpenManage.  It's also nice to be able to get new
tech sooner, since Dell ends up copying the innovations HP/IBM put out.  The
cost savings with Dell is not what it used to be, especially with HP/IBM
wanting to cut more and more into Dell's business.

I still stick with Dell for workstations and laptops, as these are really
commodity items, and it's what we are most familiar with supporting.   I
thought about ThinkPad's for laptops, but I don't like IBM desktops, so I'd end
up with 3 different brands, which seems a little silly.

PS - You can buy Dell through places like CDW now (just like you buy HP/IBM),
sometimes at better pricing then direct.  So you can still have 1 account team.