[THIN] HP Photosmart 7550 with Citrix Metaframe 1.8 issue

  • From: "roger" <rlbeard@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thin@Freelists. Org" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:31:11 -0700

I'm having a problem getting an HP Photosmart 7550 USB printer to work with
my Citrix Metaframe 1.8 server.  It won't even print a test page.  I had it
working once (after I loaded the print drivers on the Citrix server and
configured the printer .inf file) when I first hooked it up (it printed a
test page from within Citrix) but since then I've not been able to get it to
work.

The client machine is a high end laptop (our plant manager's) and he did
plug the printer in to a different USB port (I've since moved it back to the
one I had it in but to no avail).

What it does it say it's connected (if you look under the Citrix client
printer configuration utility) and you can disconnect it and reconnect it IF
there are no print jobs in queue.  However, once a print job goes in the
queue it just sits there with a 'printing' status.  I have to restart the
print spooler to get the print job to clear, as it won't cancel gracefully.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

--Roger