[THIN] Re: GPO Permissions

  • From: "M" <mathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 23:32:23 +0100

Does this article fit your issue ?

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=294257

Regards

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Robert Barrett
  To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 6:13 PM
  Subject: [THIN] GPO Permissions

  Okay I think we have screwed up big time and I am hoping someone can help me
fix it.  We enabled loopback processing on the GPO for our TS boxes.  To
prevent the admins from getting the policy we denied permissions to the domain
admins group.  I had read somewhere that it was the way to prevent the policy
from being applied to the admins.  Anyway my worst fears were realized when I
tried to edit said GPO, denied!  Listed as inaccessible.  Is there any way for
me to reset the permissions and be able to edit this policy again without
deleting it and starting over (not even sure I can delete it)?  Help

  Robert Barrett MCSE, CCA

  Enterprise Administrator
  robertb@xxxxxxxxxx
  Phone: (780) 927-3766