[THIN] Re: Web interface and single sign on

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <Roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 16:05:20 -0500

There are TWO parts to the single signon for Web Interface (cough Nfuse)

The first is your windows integration that just takes the client logon and
passes it to IIS and that gets passed to the XML service to get apps

The second is the ICA CLIENT running SSON service/application that passes
those same desktop credentials from the client to the MF server. (I think
they broke them up to use Kerberos authentication)

Anyway, most likely your client does not have SSON enabled (that little
check box when you install) and contrary to popular belief you can not just
add a couple of setting in your appsrv.ini YOU NEED TO INSTALL THIS and
possibly do the appsrv thing. I have seen it both ways.

Ron