[THIN] Files in the Spool folder

  • From: "Greg Reese" <GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 09:43:44 -0400

I was clearing out a stuck print job in the spool\printers folder when I =
noticed I have thousands of files that begin with SPL and have some =
numbers and a .tmp extension.   SPL1445.tmp for example.  They are =
mostly several weeks and even months old.  They are a few hundred k in =
size and I have 4 gb worth hanging in my spool folder. =20

I always thought the .spl and .shd files were the print jobs so what the =
heck are these.

I tried stopping the spooler and deleting them a few chunks at a time =
but the server just hung up then blue screened so I am going to leave =
well enough alone for now.

Greg
This Week's Sponsor - Appsense Technologies
New! AppSense Optimizer is a new product from AppSense
designed to increase the user capacity of your servers.
http://www.appsense.com/