[THIN] File Associations

  • From: "Lutz, Ken" <KLUTZ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thin - List (thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 16:12:45 -0700

I have a need to associate .wpd (WordPerfect documents) with MS Word.  The
"always use this program to open these files" option is grayed out, even if I
log on as Administrator.  I need to know how to make this association in the
registry, or how to un-gray out the option file.  I get the same situation when
I go to Windows Explorer/tools/Folder Options/File Types - the add button is
grayed out.

I would like to make this change for all users.

I am running Windows 2000 server with XPe 1.0 FR2.

Thanks,
Ken Lutz
Senior Systems Administrator
Information Systems Department