[THIN] Re: Event 1008 on 2003 Terminal Server

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:12:49 -0500

I do indeed have a Windows 2003 Terminal Server Licensing Server. It is
on a DC (but I still had to do Q275961 or it wouldn't even show up in
the Terminal Server Licensing Management console. I had a short thread
about this last week, in fact: "License server can't discover itself").
It is activated. It has 290 Windows 2003 Per User TS CAL's ready and
waiting, but it has handed out none of them. It is also happily handing
out Windows 2000 TS CAL's at the appropriate times. I have also done
Q275961 to my Windows 2003 Terminal Server, and rebooted. I still get
the error message in my Event Log.

> Hi Mark,
>
> For 2003 TS you need a 2003 TS license server.
>
> It'll handle both 2000 and 2003 TS CALs.
>
> Doesn't have to be on a DC if you follow technote 279561 for
> the Windows Server 2003 systems and technote 239107 for the
> Win2k systems.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rick
>
> Ulrich Mack