[THIN] Event 1008 on 2003 Terminal Server

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 13:36:04 -0500

I'm seeing this on a Windows 2003 Terminal Server. My license server is
an activated Windows 2003 DC. Odd thing: Note the date of the event, and
the date of expiration noted in the Event Description.

So is this a red herring, or a real problem? (I have done License server
discovery registry trick as per the MS KB article).

Event Type:     Warning
Event Source:   TermService
Event Category: None
Event ID:       1009
Date:           10/25/2004
Time:           11:35:15 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       TULCTX1
The terminal server licensing grace period is about to expire on
10/22/2004 and the service has not registered with a license server with
installed licenses.  A terminal server license server is required for
continuous operation.  A terminal server can operate without a license
server for 120 days after initial start up.

---
The T drive is not backed up
This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id20