[THIN] Re: Cursor blink rate in Windows 2003...

  • From: "J H" <jeffrey_hicks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 06:32:40 -0700

It really is lame and lacking any sense of how the real world functions. I work
in health care, the original poster works in hospitality. Both industries have
quite a few computer users who enter a lot of data into on-screen forms.

You're checking into your hotel, the front desk clerk is entering your
information into the computer and gets distracted for a moment. "Darn... where
is that cursor? Whoops, you probably don't want three cribs in your room do
you?" I'm sure this group can think of some pretty ugly scenarios that could
happen in health care.

This is not a minor issue. I worked around mine by changing the cursor to
half-height, allowing it to be seen, but not blink. Next time I might not be so
lucky and have to stay with a fat client.

Any help getting the blinking cursor back would be appreciated.

Jeff Hicks
University of Colorado Hospital