[THIN] Re: Anyone using Application virtualization inside a Citrix/TS session?

  • From: Nick Smith <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 19:39:39 +0000

I use Softgrid (4.0, which I know is a version behind). It is useful for some
minor/weird apps, but as soon as you use an app with OLE-type integration, it
falls apart - and that wipes out Office, Accounts packages, CRM, most
databases...sequencing most apps sounds lovely (And got me very excited as a
possibility) but definitely is not feasible - though, again, I've just stayed
at 4.0. I'm sure others will chip in with more recent experience...