[THIN] Re: AG 4.2 still does not have AAC?

  • From: "Steve Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 15:40:42 -0700

Whomever told you that had it exactly backwards. AAC removes all management
from the AG (other than basic network configs and settings) and puts on the
AAC server behind the firewall. What was removed in the recent AAC version
is the need for multiple servers from the old NFUSE Elite product such as
state, agents, etc., i.e. you can run a single server for all functions.

So if you are using AAC with AG then you need the additional server on the
LAN which handles the extended features, while also taking over most of the
management of the basic AG features as well.

Regards,

Steve Greenberg

Thin Client Computing

34522 N. Scottsdale Rd D8453