[THIN] Re: AG 4.2 still does not have AAC?

  • From: "Carl Stalhood" <cstalhood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 17:59:31 -0600

The original problem with AAC is that you could not put an AG in front of it
and expect to be able to do end point
scanning. 4.0 only supported CSG as the remote access mechanism.

With 4.2, AAC now supports end point scanning with AG 4.2. AAC 4.2 no longer
works with CSG. When you integrate an AG
with AAC 4.2, AAC 4.2 also takes over the administration of the AG.

AAC 4.2 does work standalone but the only way to get end point scanning to work
remotely is by integrating AG 4.2.

In my opinion, they never should have released AAC until it was able to run end
point scanning on the AG. Releasing it
with CSG support (4.0 only) is confusing everybody.

  _____